Lighting designs by Ango are a kind of allegory about nature and technology - a vision of an electric arcadia realized with light.
- Cascade Suspension LightPrice: $2,260.00+ Free Shipping
- Chrysalis Sky Floor LampPrice: $1,370.00+ Free Shipping
- Chrysalis Wall LightPrice: $480.00+ Free Shipping
- Dapple Ceiling Six Suspension LightPrice: $3,520.00+ Free Shipping
- Dapple Floor LampPrice: $1,485.00+ Free Shipping
- Ebony Sky Floor LampPrice: $2,885.00+ Free Shipping
- Elfin Tree Table LampPrice: $935.00+ Free Shipping
- Five Stone Floor LampPrice: $2,535.00+ Free Shipping
- Full Moon Suspension LightPrice: $870.00+ Free Shipping
- Hanging Nest Suspension LightPrice: $429.00+ Free Shipping
- Hanging World Suspension LightPrice: $690.00+ Free Shipping
- Heaven Floor LampPrice: $1,310.00+ Free Shipping
- Midnight Moon Suspension LightPrice: $870.00+ Free Shipping
- My Chrysalis Table LampPrice: $730.00+ Free Shipping
- Paradise Suspension LightPrice: $1,865.00+ Free Shipping
- Superchrysalis Suspension LightPrice: $810.00+ Free Shipping
- Three Stone Floor LampPrice: $1,560.00+ Free Shipping
Innovative lighting concepts for the 21st century.
Lighting designs by Ango are a kind of allegory about how we can live alongside nature in a technological world - each piece is squaring the circle in a way by proposing an organic form that is usually composed of natural / composite materials to create a light diffuser element, and this is then formed into an architectonic whole, suggesting a new sensibility where raw natural materials and innovative design join together. It all suggests a return to arcadia...but an electric arcadia. All of their collections are designed by their in-house team, which is headed by Angus Hutcheson, who graduated with Honors from the Architectural Association in London, and since 2002 is based in Thailand. The other key members of the team are Aon Benjamapa and Pui Chutitanawong.
At the core of what they do is to create unique designs that encapsulate inventiveness and luxuriousness and much of that is achieved via the depth of their own hand-made production techniques. They continue to develop these, as well as innovate their own composite materials that will form the basis of future designs.
The work of Ango also stands for a world view of how enlightened environmentally responsible 21st century design and production can be, and each individual design is part of this vision. Their hope is that the work demonstrates that design can be fabricated using sustainable human scale production techniques as well as produced to a world class standard, and then successfully shown to an audience around the world.
As ever and as originally summarized by Vitruvius, the first commentator on architecture, writing in the first century BC, the key goals that they seek to fulfill in any design are truth/integrity (firmitas), functionality (utilitas) and delight (venustas).