IN-EI by Issey Miyake
The IN-EI Collection, by Issey Miyake & Artemide - shadow, shadiness, nuance.
- Fukurou Pendant LightPrice: $795.00+ Free Shipping
- Katatsumuri Pendant LightPrice: $770.00+ Free Shipping
- Mendori Table LampPrice: $1,260.00+ Free ShippingEco Friendly
- Minomushi Floor LampPrice: $2,730.00+ Free ShippingEco Friendly
- Mongura Mini Table LampPrice: $820.00+ Free ShippingEco Friendly
- Mongura Table LampPrice: $990.00+ Free ShippingEco Friendly
- Hakofugu Pendant LightPrice: $665.00+ Free Shipping
- Minomushi Pendant LightPrice: $2,185.00+ Free ShippingEco Friendly
- Tatsuno Otoshigo Pendant LightPrice: $1,865.00+ Free ShippingEco Friendly
The IN-EI Collection, shadow, shadiness, nuance.
The art of lighting has a conceptual and technological heritage at the Miyake Design Studio dating back to 2010 when Issey Miyake and his research and development team called Reality Lab. As the Reality Lab. explored 132 5. ISSEY MIYAKE's potential in areas beyond clothing lighting products became the natural extension. IN-EI ISSEY MIYAKE was thus born from a collaboration with Artemide, marrying Artemides lighting expertise with the Lab.s innovative approach to material and design.
Each lampshade is created using 2 or 3D mathematical principles, where light and shade harmoniously alternate. Miyakes unique folding technology creates both statuesque forms as well as sufficient solidity. The structure of the recycled material, together with an additional surface treatment allows these shades to perfectly keep their shape without the need for internal frame, and to be re-shaped when needed.
The innovative meaning of the 132 5. ISSEY MIYAKE project lies in its numbers:
- 1 refers to the unique piece of fabric at the basis of each creation.
- 3 refers to the tri-dimensionality.
- 2 refers to the two-dimensionality that the folded shade starts from and that it can go back to at any time.
- 5 refers to the metamorphosis turning folded shapes into clothing or objects.