Spanish artist-designer Jaime Hayón was born in Madrid in 1974. As a teenager, he submerged himself in skateboard culture and graffiti art, the foundation of the detailed, bold-yet-whimsical imagery so imminent in his work today. After studying industrial design in Madrid and Paris he joined Fabrica in 1997, the Benetton-funded design and communication...
- Sale Copacabana Queen Chandelier - 12.6.3Now: $45,853.25Compare: $53,945.00+ Free ShippingEco Friendly
- Sale Josephine T PendantNow: $872.95Compare: $1,027.00+ Free Shipping
- Sale Josephine Queen 6 ChandelierNow: $12,988.85Compare: $15,281.00+ Free Shipping
- Sale Josephine Queen 6.3 ChandelierNow: $18,349.80Compare: $21,588.00+ Free Shipping
- Sale Funghi M ME Table LampNow: $875.50Compare: $1,030.00+ Free Shipping
- Sale Funghi M GR Table LampNow: $1,020.85Compare: $1,201.00+ Free Shipping
- Sale Copacabana T Pendant LightNow: $627.30Compare: $738.00+ Free ShippingEco Friendly
- Sale Copacabana P Floor LampNow: $1,462.00Compare: $1,720.00+ Free Shipping
- Sale Copacabana A Wall LightNow: $634.10Compare: $746.00+ Free ShippingEco Friendly
- Sale Josephine M Table LampNow: $912.05Compare: $1,073.00+ Free Shipping
- Sale Josephine Mini A Wall SconceNow: $692.75Compare: $815.00+ Free Shipping
- Sale Josephine Mini M Table LampNow: $765.85Compare: $901.00+ Free Shipping
- Sale Bastone PE Floor LampNow: $1,090.38Compare: $1,282.80+ Free Shipping
- Sale Bastone GR Floor LampNow: $1,196.80Compare: $1,408.00+ Free Shipping
- Sale Bastone ME Floor LampNow: $1,317.33Compare: $1,549.80+ Free Shipping
- Elements 002Price: $1,095.00+ Free Shipping
- Elements 003Price: $916.00+ Free Shipping
- Elements 004Price: $1,168.00+ Free Shipping
- Elements 005Price: $1,842.00+ Free Shipping
- Elements 006Price: $2,359.00+ Free Shipping
- Elements 007Price: $1,341.00+ Free Shipping
- Sale Josephine Queen 9.6.3 ChandelierNow: $30,570.25Compare: $35,965.00+ Free Shipping
- Sale America Floor LampNow: $1,575.05Compare: $1,853.00+ Free ShippingEco Friendly
Spanish artist-designer Jaime Hayón was born in Madrid in 1974. As a teenager, he submerged himself in skateboard culture and graffiti art, the foundation of the detailed, bold-yet-whimsical imagery so imminent in his work today. After studying industrial design in Madrid and Paris he joined Fabrica in 1997, the Benetton-funded design and communication academy, working closely with the legendary image-maker and agitator Oliverio Toscani. In a short time he was promoted from student to head of their Design Department, where he oversaw projects ranging from shop, restaurant and exhibition conception and design to graphics. Eight years later, Jaime broke out on his own, first with collections of designer toys, ceramics and furniture, followed by interior design and installation. His singular vision was first fully exposed in 'Mediterranean Digital Baroque' at London's David Gill Gallery, an exciting mise en scène, largely executed in ceramic, followed by 'Mon Cirque', which traveled to Frankfurt, Barcelona, Paris and Kuala Lumpur. These collections put Jaime at the forefront a new wave of creators that blurred the lines between art, decoration and design and a renaissance in finely-crafted, intricate objects within the context of contemporary design culture.
Jaime further defined his vision in subsequent solo exhibitions and shows at London's Aram Gallery, and Milan's Salone de Mobile and his work has been displayed in Germany's Vitra Museum, London's Design Museum, Rotterdam's Vivid Gallery, the Gronginger Museum (also in Holland) and the Basel Art Fair and has attracted the attention of prestigious art collectors. Jaime's esteem and knowledge of artisan skills and his inherent creativity has allowed him to push the boundaries of many mediums and functions.
Jaime currently resides in London, with offices in Barcelona and Treviso (Italy). His work has appeared in the most prestigious art and design publications worldwide. He has won numerous awards including 'Best Installation' (Icon Magazine), 'Breakthrough Creator' (Wallpaper Magazine) and the 2006 Elle Deco International Award. In 2008, Jaime was guest of honor at Belgium's Interieur Biennial, the youngest person ever to receive the accolade.