Juha Leiviska, born in 1936 in Helsinki, is an architect and designer renowned especially for his sacral buildings. Leiviska studied architecture at the Helsinki University of Technology, qualifying as an architect in 1963 where he also worked as a teaching assistant. He established his own office in 1967.
Some of Leiviska's best known works are Myyrmaki Churhc and Parish Centre in Vantaa, the German Embassy in Helsinki and the International Cultural Centre Ad Dar in Bethlehem. Juha is respected both in Finland and aboard. In 1995, the designer was awarded with the reputable Carlsberg Architectural Prize, and in 2008 with the Antonia Feltrinelli Prize for Architecture and Urban Design.
His buildings are monumental yet intimate, with lighting taking a central role in the architecture. Many of his works have been displayed in international exhibitions. His lighting designs, which play a primary role in his architecture, are characterized by simplicity and warm, delicate light.