Lastra 6 Pendant Light
This product is no longer available.100% Price Match
Pin It Houzz
Design by Antonio Citterio with Oliver Löw, 1998.
This multi-light suspension fixture provides direct light. The lamp body is formed by a rectangular 0.6" transparent tempered glass sheet. Six pressed glass diffusers with high-temperature resistant white finish operate from within. Features an injection-molded transparent polycarbonate (UL-94 V2) diffuser support and white PPS (UL-94 VO) lamp holder and aluminum attachment grid. Power is distributed to the light sources through two silkscreening processes: deposition of a highly conductive silver paste, followed by deposition of a protective ceramic paint. An electronic transformer is secured to the sheet. Suspended from four steel suspension cables and four mechanical, die-cast, polished aluminum ceiling fittings, with built in quick adjustment cord. The 30% fiberglass reinforced polyamide (UL-94 V2) wired ceiling fitting is painted gray, injection molded poylcarbonate (UL-94 V2) canopy.
Material(s): Glass, Aluminum
Dimensions: 66.3"L X 8.7"W
Lamp Type: HALOGEN
Bulbs: 6 X 35W 12V MR-11 GU24 halogen lamps (included)
Antonio Citterio was born in Meda in 1950. He graduated in architecture at the Politecnico of Milan.
From 1972 he worked in the field of industrial design as a designer and consultant. He works with many manufacturers such as Ansorg, Arclinea, B&B Italia, Flexform, Flos, Hackman, Inda, Kartell, Tre-P&Tre-Piu, Valli & Valli, Vitra. In 1999 he becomes art director for Brionvega.
He won the Golden Compass Award in 1987 and 1995.
In 1981 he also starts working on architecture and interiors, establishing a multi-disciplinary architecture and design studio with experience ranging from architecture to corporate design comprising total creative directing for a mixed range of international clients.
Antonio Citterio lives and works in Milan.See other lights/products from Antonio Citterio
Prior to 1985 Glen Oliver Löw (Leverkusen Germany, 1959) studies design in the Industrial Design faculty of Wuppertal University.
In 1986 he receives the "Master of Design" award from the Domus Academy in Milan for his design study for a compact car.
Starting since 1987 he staff member at Antonio Citterio studio in Milan. As of 1990 he was his partner in design, involved in producing office furniture for Vitra and also numerous products for companies Ansorg, Bieffe, Flos, Kartell, MaxData, Olivetti, Synthesis and Vitrashop.
- 1995: receives the Compasso d'Oro award for the "Mobil" container system for Kartell
- 1996: also active in the area of corporate design, for instance, responsible for creating a new corporate designs image for Commerzbank branches
- 1998: Interior Designkoncept of the interior concept for SMART Centres (buildings and exhibition stands selling/presenting the new Mercedes Benz/Swatch car)
- 2000: Vocation as professor for product design at the " Hochschule fr bildende Knste" in Hamburg
Glen Low started his collaboration with Antonio Citterio in 1987. Together they have created among other things, the storage system Mobil for Kartell. In 1995 they were awarded the Compasso d'Oro prize for this work. Mobil is a part of the permanent design collection of the Museum of Modern Art in New York.See other lights/products from Glen Oliver Low
FLOS was founded in 1962. The very same year they began producing a number of lamps that were to become classics in Italian industrial design. These first lamps were Arco, Relemme, Toio and Taccia all designed by Achille and Piergiacomo Castiglioni. As a tangible proof of their timeless design and technical excellence, these lamps continue to be produced today.
It all started with cocoon . . .In 1959 Arturo Eisenkeil from Merano, an importer of cocoon — a spray-on plastic coating produced in the United States — was tracking down possible applications for this new material. He joined forces with Dino Gavina and Cesare Cassina and set up a company to produce lighting fixtures. This marked the beginning of the long-standing association in the area of design with the Castiglioni brothers and Tobia Scarpa. The first cocoon lamps ever created were the offspring of this collaboration: Viscontea, Taraxacum and Gatto by the Castiglioni brothers and Fantasma by Scarpa. FLOS moved from Merano to the province of Brescia in 1964: At first to Nave and then to the current premises in Bovezzo. Sergio Gandini became chairman of the company in 1965. In 1974, the company became the owner of Arteluce one of the key Italian companies in the industrial design sector. Gino Sarfatti, an industrialist and designer, is the founder of Arteluce. Several models designed by Sarfatti himself have been incorporated into the product range.
From the very outset, FLOS has been characterized by its high-quality approach to lamp design and production. Many of the numerous lamps designed for the company, first by Achille and Piergiacomo, are undoubtedly some of the best-known and most successful products of industrial design. They have won awards and historical critical accolades, and are included in all the most important collections and design museums around the world.
FLOS' production will continue to be imbued with various design trends that embody their attention to leading-edge research combined with highly-efficient production, sales and communications. In 2002, the company celebrated forty years production of designer lamps.
on most orders
of modern designs
100% price match