The Hope Collection by Luceplan
Hope represents the magic of traditional lamps, reinterpreting them with sophisticated technologies and contemporary materials.
The Hope Collection - the result of passion, technology and experimentation.
Since it is the result of passion, knowledge of technology and experimentation, every product hides a path, and therefore a history. The story of Hope can be narrated with these words.
1. Modernity. To be modern a chandelier should be light, easy to install, small for shipping, less fragile
than glass. Above all, it should be able to create sparkling, festive light that generates a sense of wonder.
2. Augustin Jean Fresnel invented the revolutionary Fresnel lens, a lighter lens with exceptional optical qualities,
breaking down the volume of traditional lenses into circular sections mounted on a flat surface.
3. Idea. To design with reflections of light: to use the optical capacities of Fresnel lenses to multiply a single light source, making countless points of light. To invert the logic of traditional chandeliers with their many light sources.
4. Intelligence. The natural logic
of diatoms, their geometries, structures and evolution around a nucleus, were some of the conceptual reference points.
5. Project. To project means to throw something forward, past an obstacle, to do something new. Francisco Gomez Paz, Paolo Rizzatto and Luceplan have approached this challenge, resolving functional, technical and expressive issues, also going beyond the product: designing experiences, gestures, discoveries.
6. Experimentation. Hope has grown out of a long process of development
based on trial and error, exploration of production technologies, materials, optical laws and technical lighting requirements.
7. Intuition. Intelligence not based on reason, subconscious, from the gut, capable of rethinking certainties, of changing direction without hesitation. An irreplaceable guide in difficult moments.
8. Flexibility. Of design and production. A highly industrial module and an internal structure that is flexible, adaptable to any configuration or size.
9. Modular. Two sheets of pressure-molded polycarbonate and a transparent stem that supports them form the minimum unit of a lighting system that may be small but can also grow.
10. Quality. Of the project, product, engineering, performance, utilization.
11. Wonder. The difficult ability to surprise; the magical effect of the Fresnel lens that infinitely multiplies a single light source, the immaterial nature and lightness of an object that becomes impressive. The beauty of intelligence.
12. Determination. The intense, tireless labor of a small, very determined group of talented people, who have made possible what