Totem 3 Suspension Light
LZF Lamps - wood touched by light. Founded in 1994 in a small studio in Valencia, LZF makes every creation by hand. Passionate. Adamant. LZF proves that nothing diffuses light as beautifully as the natural properties of timber-veneer. The spectacular effect of light as it shines through the translucent skin of wood is breathtaking and peerless in producing warm even glow. Proud to capture the very essence of light itself, LZF adds charm to each handcrafted lighting fixture, making every piece unique while utilizing natural wood. Bringing life to light, LZF has been shining its light across the globe.
Burkhard Daemmer studied industrial design at both the University of FH Darmstadt Germany and the University of San Jose in California. Daemmer's approach to design is to find good answers for new and old problems alike. He has worked for many companies designing lighting, accessories, kitchenware, bathroomware, and furniture. He is the winner of many awards and prizes like the IF award, DesignPlus award, FORM award, and many others.View other products by Burkhard Dammer
Mariví Calvo (Valencia, 1960) graduated in History of the Art and in Fine Arts at Valencia University 1983. She continued her post graduate studies in Collagraphe in the Pratt Institute, New York and in Holography at the New York Museum of Holography. Marivi has exhibited her work in the U.S.A., Japan and Europe. In 1995 she established with partner Sandro Tothill, Lzf Lamps (then called Luzifer Lamps), a small business whose primary aim was to develop and create ambient lighting, with her main focus on the investigation and use of new materials with light.
From 1995 she has also been responsible for the management and the corporate image of Lzf. She has designed several collections of lamps for Lzf: the Gea, Rom?nica, Aloha, Moebius, Oku and Junior, among others. As art director she also coordinates the projects that are developed by external designers, such as: Luis Eslava Studio, Victor Carrasco, Ray Power, Miguel Herranz, Burkhard D?mmer and Oskar Cerezo.
Marivi Calvo has participated in the following exhibitions:
- 1996 "Design Barcelona", Singapore. Xtra Design - Jorge Pensi;
- 2002-2005 "Project. New Spanish Design ". Commissioned by Marcelo Leslabay. Bogota, Miami, Mexico DF, San Jose of Costa Rica, Havana, Cordova, Rosary, Buenos Aires, Santiago of Chile, Lima, Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo;
- 2005 "Spanish Design" Lisbon Portugal commissioned by Xavier Giner;
- 2006 "Design Award Extra" by the German Design Council - Frankfurt;
- 2006-2007 "300% Spanish Design". Commissioned by Juli Capella. Lisbon, Athens; Shanghai and Beijing;
- 2007 "Spain Color: Fresh to air in Spanish design ". Tokyo Designer's Week; Commissioned by: Ana Mir, Emili Padr?s and Mai Felip.