Discoco Pendant Light
+ Free Shipping100% Price Match
Pin It Houzz
Design by Christophe Mathieu.By Marset.
Exuberant and attractive, the Discoco range of fixtures offers an interplay of suggestive, highly effective lighting. The thirty-five ABS disks vibrantly reflect the internal light source. On the outside, this reflection varies depending on the angle of the light, at the same time as providing direct illumination from its underside. The chromed sphere to which the metal bars holding the disks in place are connected, provides glittering reflections.
"The early sketches for the Discoco date from 1997, but, at that time, I was not clear as to how to bring the idea to fruition. In the intervening period, I had gone back to them a few times, before finally coming up with the most suitable technology and manufacturing process." - Christophe Mathieu.
Composed of opaque discs of molded ABS and injection molded aluminum rods.
Available in five sizes and with four finish options. Shown in white.
Notes: UL Listed.
- 13.8 in.: 13.86"D X 11.02"H; 78.74" of field-cuttable wire
- 20.8 in.: 20.8"D X 16.7"H; 78.74" of field-cuttable wire
- 26.7 in.: 26.7"D X 20.5"H; 78.74" of field-cuttable wire
- 34.6 in.: 34.6"D X 26.7"H; 118" of field-cuttable wire
- 52 in.: 52.05"D X 42.24"H; 137.8" of field-cuttable wire
Lamp Type: INCANDESCENT, FLUORESCENT
- 13.8 in.: 1 X 60W E12 (candelabra base) G16.5 incandescent lamp (not included)
- 20.8 in.: 1 X 150W 120V E26 (medium base) A21 incandescent lamp (not included)
- 26.7 in.: 3 X 75W 120V E26 (medium base) A19 incandescent lamps (not included)
- 34.6 in.: 3 X 100W 120V E26 (medium base) A19 incandescent lamps (not included)
- 52 in.: 6 X 23W 120V E26 (medium base) Globe incandescent lamps (not included)
- Equivalent cfl or LED lamps can be used
Manufacturer Specifications: Click to download specifications.
Born in Hamburg in 1961, Christophe Mathieu graduated in Interior Design from the School of Applied Art and Artistic Trades, in Barcelona, having been on placement in Hamburg collaborating with Nitz, Prash and Sigl Architects. Subsequently, he lived for three years in Milan, where he collaborated with: the architect Marco Zanuso Jr. in the development of products for companies such as De Padova, Menphis and Driade; the architects Roberto Menghi and Giulio Crespi; the industrial designer Sergio Coppola and the architect Antonio Zanuso in the prize-winning project for the Piazza della Republica. His time in Milan had a profound effect on him.
In 1989, he decided to move to Barcelona where he collaborated with Alfredo Arribas, Eduard Samsó and Javier Mariscal. Companies with which he has worked are: Bosa, Artelano, Disform, Metalarte, Bover, Chupa-Chups, Smint, Nike, Bticino, Comas & Partners and Marset.See other lights/products from Christophe Mathieu
Through the application of technical precision and creativity, Marset constantly aims to discover new functions to provide other uses for their long lasting lamps. This constant quest for new directions, combined with their curiosity and ability to envision the shape of things to come, has led to the pieces in their collection.
PH ArtichokePrice: $10,126.00+ Free Shipping
14.5 Five Pendant ChandelierPrice: $1,750.00+ Free ShippingEco Friendly
Zettel'z 5 ChandelierPrice: $1,135.00+ Free Shipping
Raimond Suspension LightPrice: $2,241.00+ Free ShippingEco Friendly
T-5805 Infiore Pendant LightPrice: $1,167.00+ Free ShippingEco Friendly
on most orders
of modern designs
100% price match