By:ROBERT U. , Architect
Easy to essemble, works great!
By:Chris O. , Homeowner (New YOrk, New York)
After installation, only half of the lights worked in it, and after several hours they stopped working as well. Don't buy
Just what the customer wanted, looked great when installed.
By:Robert K. , Designer (Weston, CT, 06883 USA)
Not much to say about the track. It did it's job of supporting the lights and supplying power. The drywall inserts for the screws are a little weak and tend to pull out of the wall. Plan to get something that has a little more grip.
By:CK1 , Architect (Grand Rapids, MI)
I used the 2 holes in the track to screw into a vertical wall. Once I put the track lights on the track, the track started pulling away from the wall. I had to hire a contractor to drill extra holes and use special wall attachments to secure the track enough to hold the 4 lighting heads. I thought this product would be easier to install without having to have a professional do it.
By:Jeannine B. , Designer (Oakland, CA)
Simple to install, works as well as much higher-priced tracks, and gives good service.
By:RG , Designer (NY, NY)
Just the right item for the purpose; well priced and substantial.
By:NYS , Designer (NY, NY)
One reviewer mentioned some difficulty installing this track on a vertical wall. I'm not very handy, but I've done this 3 times in my home, and it's worked very well for me, although it takes some extra materials, and a lot of measuring.
1) I bought a strip of wood 2" wide x 1" thick x 4' long (approx. $2).
2) bought some 2" long wood screws (approx. $5 for 100 pack)
3) mounted the wood strip onto the wall, screwing the 2" wood screws through the strip into the wall studs, then painted the strip to match the wall
4) screwed the track to the wood strip using the wood screws included with the track.
I did not use the wall anchors, or the toggle bolts included with the track because I was concerned that they wouldn't hold well enough. With the wood strip mounted at the studs, I've installed 4 fixtures on a 4' track, and 5 fixtures on a 6' track and they are very solid.
By:Andrew , Homeowner (Columbia, SC)
Easy install, just like the bigger guys.
By:Janean G. (Denver, CO)
i purchased the brushed finish and this track is as stylish as it its beautiful. exact compliment for any room that might need an update. i would highly recommend these track lights.
By:mark n. , Homeowner (illinois)
Lighting was better than expected and has been installed into a retail store requiring specialized light.
We are currently ordering many more for our other stores as this is perfect
By:Cathryn M. , Designer (early branch sc 29916)
Great product. Looks great in urban spaces!
By:Steven , Homeowner (MN)
This track fit the bill, was shipped promptly, and arrived well-packaged.
By:John D. (Seattle, WA)
Easy to install, cut to size and reasonable priced
By:Peter W. , Homeowner (WDC)
Glad to see that this product was not large and bulky. Since this system is "retro" in relationship to the low volt systems, I had imagined it to be much larger and less attractive. These were installed this past week, and it took no time at all. They look good, they seem versatile in that I can add to them later, and so far, they are working...which the high priced low volt system did not!
By:Badboyrescue , Homeowner (Tennessee)
The track has a great finish and was easy to install. The only issue is that the track should include screws that match the finish.
Works as expected, lets you attach L type fixtures.
By:Rahul , Homeowner (NYC)
I purchased the brushed nickel finish in this length and I loved the look. Very easy to install!
By:Thaddeus C. , Homeowner (Indiana)
The WAC "H" track is well made and works well, with two caveats:
1. Yes, the track is "field cuttable," but the instructions want you to stick an end feed into the track before you cut it. I suppose this keeps the conductors from sliding in their channels (and probably makes the assembly more rigid too). I figure one end of a center feed would work too. Not sure about a floating canopy. Anyway, be sure you have a feed available if you are going to cut.
2. The track is shorter than the stated dimensions by about 1 inch. It seems the track lengths are really metric. For example, the 4' track is actually 120 centimeters long exactly, which is only 3 feet, 11 1/4 inches.
By:Patch F. , Homeowner (Santa Cruz, California)
The WAC track system is easy to install and looks mid-century modern. I have these in every room.
By:Donna C. , Homeowner (Chicago, IL)
Have been using WAC lighting for years. Never a problem.
By:James M. , Architect (Riverdale, NY USA)
These are great tracks, easy to install ans come with the hardware.
By:TJ K. , Designer (basalt, CO)