Why Choose Modern LED Wall Lights?
Once LED lighting met modern design, interior lighting changed forever. LED lights provide a flexibility that is untouched by traditional types of bulbs. Without the need to accommodate bulb heating and the strict size capabilities as seen with traditional bulb lighting, LED has lent itself as a revolutionary application to modern indoor lighting.
One of the main reasons why LED lighting is favored over traditional types of light bulbs such as fluorescent, halogen, or incandescent bulbs, is because of its cost-effectiveness. While the upfront cost is more expensive, LEDs last dramatically longer with some that can last over two decades with average use before beginning to dim. This is because LED lights convert about 95% of the energy they consume into light - incandescent bulbs convert only about 10% and the other 90% of energy is wasted as heat. Both your energy consumption and replacement costs diminish greatly over time by utilizing LED wall lights.
How to apply Wall Mounted LED Lights to your interior lighting design?
LED wall lights are used for a variety of purposes throughout your homes decor. Some are used for accent lighting to bring out certain pieces of furniture, wall decorations, or other areas of interest around the home. Meanwhile, other indoor LED wall lights such as gooseneck wall lights can be used for bedside lighting. You can also use multiple led wall lights to provide symmetrical stair wall lighting.
Using LED wall lights for ambient lighting can be tricky since most are in the form of wall sconces and provide more directional light than general light. However, LED washer lights - long strip fixtures comprised of LED lights - provide very generous lighting and can be used for ambient lighting.
In comparison to other forms of lighting, LED lighting is beneficial for a couple key reasons. Most lights delay when turned on while LED lighting is instantaneous. Whereas other lights flicker, LED lights emit a pure, continuous glow. And best of all, LED lights provide very specific focuses of light which give it the upper hand when it comes to accent lighting and task lighting since you are given more control on how your light is directed.
Three Popular Modern LED Wall Light Fixtures
With so many options, it can be hard to know where to start when looking for new wall lights for your home. Here are two popular modern wall mounted LED lights that demonstrate LED lightings different applications:
The Bold LED Wall Sconce: Designed by hollis+morris, the Bolt LED Wall Sconce is a stunning example of how LEDs have changed how lighting can be conceptualized. The Bolt is exactly that, a bolt of either walnut or oak and LEDs that are mounted to your wall to provide lighting.
Monocle Wall Sconce: Designed by Rich Brilliant Willing, - a popular lighting brand YLighting represents - the Monocle Wall is a perfect mountable wall light for task lighting, such as a bedside light to provide you with reading lighting. Available with an adapter, so that this wall light can be plugged as opposed to being hardwired.
Other LED Wall Lighting Options
Here at YLighting, you can find wall lights ranging in styles from mid-century modern to industrial to Danish modern to rustic. In addition to having a robust selection of wall mounted LED lights, YLighting also applies no sales tax and free shipping for most orders. For any questions about installing LED wall lighting fixtures, talk to our team of lighting experts at (866) 428 9289.